Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Leaves

Can I jump now?
How do you get through this?
I found a leaf!!
I love you thiiiiiiiisssss much!

Raking leaves is a workout beyond workouts. That is, of course, if you've raked them 20 times to allow for all the turns for jumping. After school we decided to rake all those rogue leaves blowing into our neighbors' yards and making us look bad. Just as soon as I'd get them all into a nice big pile the wind would up and swoop them away, back into the wrong yard. Cold, but sweaty--weird how that happens--I busted out the camera and just let the boys dump their little bodies into the piles to make leaf angels. They came out sooo cute! We haven't had the four seasons in forever and so this is nice to experience all the changing leaves and the crisp weather. I love the leaves so much it takes my breath away every morning when I pull out of the neighborhood. The streets are lined with trees that look like they are on fire with different hues of oranges and reds and yellows. So beautiful!

2 comments:

Starbucks Mom said...

Oh how I long for fall and the changing of the leaves and the cool breeze and the chance to wear a HAT! Can you mail me your leaf pile? Make sure to pack it in popcorn peanuts to ensure no damage to the leaves

Anne said...

I am loving the fall too!! Adorable halloween pictures!! Zoo keeper! How original! My kids were all animals...unicorn, horse, and bumble bee. I just sat on the couch and ate all the snickers.