Wednesday, August 6, 2008

You Say it's Your Birthday...






Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to Ethan!!

Wow! I can't even process the fact that my baby is 3. He is still such a mama's boy that we're keeping him home again this year from preschool. He just wants to stay home with Mom. What are you gonna do when those blue eyes are looking at you? We went to a bounce house in the morning, McDonald's for lunch, and ice cream cone cupcakes for dessert. Big boy!

Ethan: We were in Target and he asked the teen aged cashier what happened to his nose. He had a huge zit on the tip of his nose and ET was not going to let this go. He wanted to know. So after the 10th or so time of asking very loudly and our ignoring wasn't working, I said, very quietly, he had a boo boo. ET then looked at the guy and said, of course in stereo, "You need a Nascar band aid for your boo boo on your nose." At this point I'm bright red and trying to get the bags in the cart and outta there fast!!!

Mason: We were looking through his Animal Encyclopedia and came across the hoatzin. Mason asked "Mom, can you sing me that song tonight at bedtime?"
Me: "Sure. What song?"
Mason: "You know, the hoatzin song."
I was stumped and was thinking when Matt nudged me and whispered to me.
Me: "Mason, do you mean the Oats & Beans and Barley song?"
Mason: "Yeah, that's it. Can you sing it?"
Me: Laughing," Yes, I can sing that."

2 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!! It's been three years since I met newborn Ethan in the parking lot of the Red Roof Inn! We were bringing in pot-luck food to donate to the displaced Katrina people! Remember that? Wow. Well, he has been the size of a three year old for quite some time. You look gorgeous in the cupcake pic!

Princess Jen said...

Ok, yesterday I KNOW I left a happy birthday to you message for Ethan! I wonder where it went?
Anyhow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL BOY!!!!!!!!