Sunday, August 3, 2008

Scoot-a-da Pover, Rover Dover

Ethan finds lots of ways to pass the time
The wonderful Peck family
I hope he remembers where that piece came from
ET is practicing for his future-when he gets hip-replacement surgery he'll be a pro!
Happy 5th birthday Mason!

I recently read an interview by Jack Black and had to quote him in my title. I think it's silly and since I'm not sure where to start on my list of catch-up I thought nothing would be more appropriate than a funny 'move-over' term. We're moving over, under, around and through everything these days. We started our journey to Quantico, Virginia on the 2nd of July. Without all the details, it's been a bit bumpy but we're here and we had a very lovely visit with the Pecks on our way up. We have a phone and internet connection FINALLY!!! I am just now bloggin because my computer hasn't been hooked up for lack of service and then it was running so slow that I had to install a ton of anti-spyware stuff just so I could post some pictures.

Mason celebrated his 5th birthday on the 18th of July and Ethan's is on Wed August 6th and he'll be 3. So crazy how times flies by. They have been sharing a room in our new rented home here in Stafford and I love to sit on the stairs and listen to them talk. Last week it went like this:
Ethan: "I'm 6."
Mason: "No, you're not. I just turned 5 today and I'm older. You're 3."
Ethan: "Well, I'm zero."
Mason: "You wouldn't be zero or you wouldn't be born yet. You'd be dead." Pause. "No, you would get dead when you're older."
Ethan: "Older?"
Mason:"Older isn't bad though. Grandma and Grandpa are old and Niko too."
Ethan: "Like sour cream?" Pause. "I don't like sour cream."
Mason: "Stop talking! Go to bed!"
Ethan: "Ok, Mason!"

Mason funny--he was dressing up as a cowboy when he asked this question

"Mom? Am I like a tractor?" Why I asked. "Because I have these plowers on my boots," he said pointing at the spurs on the backs of his shoes.


Ethan embarrassment-- this is an everyday occurrence because he's 3 and says whatever and whenever VERY, VERY loudly! We were shopping in target for some various as sundries when he starts pointing wildly and yelling "Mommy, Mommy! Look! It's a pirate!" I'm already turning my head the OPPOSITE direction to avoid the "pirate's" dirty look I'm sure is directed my way. but ET grabs my face and forces me to look over where his finger is shaking and says"look at the pirate!" The woman dressed in an Army uniform next to me is chuckling and says "Can't say I've heard that one before. I have to tell my kids about it." She tipped her beret at ET, smiled and said "Arrrr, see ya later!" We all started laughing and I called Matt to tell him about it.




3 comments:

Starbucks Mom said...

I love love love the dialog gloing on between your boys. The plowers on the boots is hilarious and I love mommy's comment about Ethan practicing for hip replacement in the future. Am sooo glad to se you back up and blogging. I miss you, like two pickles in a jar

Anne said...

Ha! Bedtime chatter is my fav. to evesdrop on too! Don't you love how the wise 5yr olds talk down to the immature 3yr olds? Email me your number!! I miss yoU!

Princess Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could remember to document the conversations btwn K&K...yours are a RIOT! Welcome to 3 and 5...it's going to be even better this year, I promise. If you think they're a ball of laughter now, just wait for this time too! Was lovely to see you 2 weeks ago! Let's do it again soon!