Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cake Pop Crazy!

I'm making cake pops for the boys' Valentine's Day parties and I wanted to do a dry run. I'm also doing some for the Spirit Day bake sale and I wanted to do them in blue and yellow, the school colors. Since their t-shirts are tye-dyed I was trying to make the pops two-toned. I think they came out looking like Elvis with blue hair, but Mason loved them. I will probably stick with plain yellow and blue.
All they need are some eyes, a nose and a mouth. How about some blue suede shoes?

The hearts and flowers I made with strawberry cake and cut them out with cookie cutters and then dipped them. I put m & ms on the front of the flowers and they turned out really cute. I tried to write on the hearts to make them conversation hearts, but I think my food writers are too fine so they just cut into the chocolate instead of marking on it. I'll have another go next weekend.
I got the cake pop idea from Bakerella (her site is on my blog) and I put my own twists on it.

1 comment:

Starbucks Mom said...

what a pretty field of edible flowers. I will try and make some cake pop trial ones tomrrow so I can see what this craze is all about. Will this make me fat THANKS A LOT BECKY!!