Tuesday, May 6, 2008

High of 82, slight breeze, perfect surfing conditions





I tell you, I think my children are the masters at coming up with the most asinine ways to pass the afternoon. OK we have the huge super fun fantastic water slide set up in the yard and they go grab their boogie boards to surf down the PLAYGROUND slide, in just dino undies no less. Isn't it supposed to be used in water? Why wouldn't they use it on the water slide? As I've said before though, I'm not 2 nor am I 4 so what do I know? Maybe a boogie board is absolutely worthless in the water. We should hold our own Stupid Person awards but just rename it and call it something more fun like Look What I Can Do! ET goes down the slide over and over and over again with the swing under his bum. Yes, I said swing. You know, the yellow banana seat looking thing that hooks onto the chains and suspends from a play set. He climbs the stairs with that thing under his arm, throws it up into the fort and then settles either his bum or his feet on the seat and sails down the slide yelling "Woohoo! I'm surpin!" I'm so scared he's going to be our first broken bone that I watch him like a hawk. He's a thrill seeker this is true, but he has some limits. He doesn't like the water slide. Go figure. I know I would be asking what the ham sandwich a mom was doing taking pictures while her son was attempting to sail the green slide in a transparent Rubbermaid storage bin as I'm sure some of you may be. Mason, however, is a bit more cautious and when he throws caution to the wind I tend to grab the camera. I can almost always count on a hilarious outcome when Mason tries to be daring. This is my evidence. Call it Exhibit A. The last 2 pictures are the start and finish of Mason getting into his 'boat.' He gave me the double thumbs up and tilted forward for momentum and I saw regret in a flash, but it was too late. His boat had launched and there was no turning back although I could clearly see he wanted the rewind button for time. At the end of the slide, Mason's boat was catapulted into the air and then fell like a Looney Tunes anvil and slammed straight down onto the ground. The picture captures his flight very well I must say. He jumped up and was laughing hysterically and kind of whimpering at the same time. He was rubbing his bum and running around the yard to shake it off. It being the hurt tailbone, the fear, the insane amount of endorphins that had to be pumping through him. Mostly though I think he was just proud and excited that he had not only thought of making a Rubbermaid storage bin into a boat, but he had sailed and flown it too! Stay tuned for the next episode of Look What I Can Do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sexy little ass buddy, love to have fun with him