Saturday, May 24, 2008

Presenting the graduating class of 2008












Before I begin tonight's entry I feel I must clear up any misunderstanding which may occur after viewing my photos. These are actual photos from my camera and not from Area 51. For you believers out there, the children up top are real children and not aliens with white laser eyes. In actuality, I was in the back row with ET fighting for a tiny sliver of space between grandparents and aunts and uncles' heads to take my one or two quick shots. Yeah right!!! One or two quick shots is not easy when you have a darkened room with preschoolers moving around a lot and having to duck around everyone else. Not to mention the 20+ flashes the camera makes before actually taking the photo. Just when I get a good shot the flashes start going like I'm at a disco and I got some other random kid in the photo. ET colors all over the pew visitor cards as usual, interspersing the graduating class singers with wails of " I don't wanna listen to Mason sing!" and "I want more fruit guys!" Meanwhile, our pediatrician is sitting one pew up straining to hear her son sweetly sing the Days of the Week while looking back at me smiling though I know she's wishing I could keep my kid quiet. At least I think that's what they were singing. Being at the beginning of the alphabet with the last name Baldwin has its benefits. And not so benefits. Like having to sit through everyone else's kids being called while I wrestle 36 lbs to stay out of my purse and explain that lip gloss is not for big boys. When Matt got home we all went out for sushi which is Mason's favorite food. ET likes it too because it is hibachi as well. I had to take this picture because the guy was so funny and entertained the kids so well, but I had to have the two balls of butter. I did not have hibachi. I had sushi. When you get an eyeful of those two balls of butter(and yes, they are just two balls of butter, nothing else) and how much they use you won't ever have hibachi again. Ewwww!

No comments: