Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Funny Face


Ever felt like this after a good party? I just came across these photos and had to post. They are from a birthday party last summer and they had bounced their little guts out and were rummaging through their "doodie bags" (ET's pronunciation). They would each take something out, hold it into the air and shake it violently screaming the name of the object over and over and over again until the other pulled something out and trumped the call: Imagine..."YEAH! A BLOWER! A BLOWER! A BLOWER! A BLOWER! TOOT! TOOT! TOOT! PAARRP! PAARP! PAARRP!" Then "LOOK, LOOK, LOOK! A STICKY FROG! A STICKY FROG! A STICKY FROG! THWAAPP! THWAAPP! THWAAPP!" Then possibly "OOOOOOO! SOME CRAYONS! SOME CRAYONS! SOME CRAYONS!" This time "MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! LOOK!LOOK! LOOK! COOL FUNNY BIG NOSE GLASSES!" came reverberating through car so well that THX dolby digital surround sound would be overshadowed. At this point, I knew Starbucks drive-thru was a must. As I'm driving to pick up my quadruple shot venti caramel macchiato I can see out of the corner of my eye that they have both come down so hard off their birthday party high that they have literally crashed. Mason still has his Groucho Marx glasses on and they seem to be slipping with every breath. Pulling up to the window the guy gives me my perk and I ask him if he wants to see the funniest thing ever. He gives me a puzzled look but he is young and adventurous and so he says, "Yeah, I always like a good laugh." I give him my camera and ask him to be shutter-ready when I roll down the window. I thought he was going to die! He snapped a few shots of my sleeping prince and then hollered quietly to his fellow employees that they have to see this. After letting the bored afternoon staff at Starbucks have their chuckle for the week, I rolled up my window and drove my sleeping beauties home to their beds.

No comments: