Monday, April 28, 2008

No American Idol
























I know I'm posting 2 in one day, but I forgot to do these photos of Mason's Spring Program and if I don't do it now, I won't at all. How sad that would be. Mason decided that during his Spring Program at school he would not display his talents. Yep, that's right. He didn't sing. Didn't even move his lips. He just fiddled with the end of his shirt and glared. I thought that he was in trouble. I sat there thinking of the things that could have kept him from singing: did his throat hurt? did someone hurt his feelings? did someone tell him he couldn't sing? Oh, my gosh! maybe he forgot the words and he's feeling embarrassed. I started feeling really bad for my baby up there in front of all these parents staring at him expecting him to perform and he had forgotten the words. I was sure of it. When this painful program (all my bad thoughts forming and keeping Ethan from drawing all over the guest cards with the pew pencils) was finally over, Mason walked down to me with his face all screwed up in an unrecognizable expression. I asked him what was wrong and he said nothing. I asked his teacher and she said that nothing she knew of was wrong and then said it was very normal for a child this age to simply not sing. Huh. I hadn't even thought of the simple fact that he might not have WANTED to sing. Go figure. He has a mind of his own AND he will use it at will.

No comments: